Pages

Navigation Menu

K IS FOR KANI



Connie Cao is a 22 year old fashion/lifestyle blogger, Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing) student at Monash University Australia and owner of a floral crafting Esty shop, K IS FOR KANI. She got into the floral crafting game after realizing that there was an absence in the market for high quality, controversial headpieces that were unique and one of a kind. Loved and adored by brides, bridesmaids, flower girls, spring racing and attendees all around the world, K IS FOR KANI has grown to become one of the largest handcrafted floral headpieces stores around the world, having embarked on projects with Topshop, L’Oreal and Peppermint Magazine.

What is a typical day in the K for Kani studio like?
Always crazy crazy, as I manage my time between studying, blogging and my business. When I'm in my studio, I'm either packing orders, creating new designs or photographing, listing online and answering emails or messages. I think I spend more time on admin than creative work so it's not as glamorous as it looks! But all in all I love it and I love being able to do what I love doing.


What is your differentiating factor from the rest of the floral crafters in the market?
I always pair colours and textures to come out with different variations. I design according to the occasions, as well as what I think my customers would appreciate seeing. I always create unique floral headpieces which I haven't seen anywhere else and I love mixing unexpected colours and creating conversational silhouettes.


Which is the most challenging part of the crafting process?
It has got to be organizing my time as everything is handmade, photographed, listed, packed and shipped by me. Each of the process takes up a substantial amount of time. I'm juggling my business alongside full time studies and blogging so it is all about prioritizing, working ahead and making sure everything is done when it needs to be done.



Tell us about your wildest creation thus far. 
I love something different - this would probably be one of my favourite 'different' pieces. It's a bird nest hair clip and I think it is so beautiful for a bride . They are all sold out now but I hope to bring some similar ones in again soon.




Is there a story behind the Emma orchid FLOWER HEADBAND
I just love orchids and thought they would be beautiful arranged across the side of a headband for the races!


There is so much effort, love and care that go into your products. Even the parcel speaks for itself! How do you ensure that the products are delivered safely?
I always make sure I package my items carefully in sturdy boxes. The last thing I want is a customer to open a package with damaged product inside, so I make sure that never happens!